Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

San Antonio Christmas

As I mentioned in my last blog, Rob and I flew to San Antonio on the 26th to spend a week with his family. Lance Bass was on our flight from Jackson to Dallas. I tried to get Rob to take my picture with him, but he would have none of it!! I got the back of his head on my camera phone. As always, we find plenty of things to do while in San Antonio. Rob's family was gracious enough to hold their Christmas celebration until we arrived, so on Saturday we had Christmas dinner and opened presents. We also got to meet Mark's (Rob's youngest brother) fiancee' Natalia and her daughter Shaila. The week was spent shopping, going to Six Flags, seeing the movie "Marley and me", going to the zoo, and going to the Alamo Bowl. Missouri played Northwestern. The director of the Alamo Bowl died suddenly this year and his son is one of Mr. Jim's students. They gave us free tickets to the game. The son and his mom were recognized before it started and they got to hand out the trophy to the winner (Missouri). Most of Rob's childhood was spent in Hannibal, Missouri...so I became a Missouri fan for a few hours. It was fun!




I wish I could say that we completed our great trip by going to Dallas to watch Ole Miss BEAT Texas Tech...BUT we couldn't go. When we bought our airline tickets a few months back for this trip, I had no clue that Ole Miss would be in a bowl..and especially not the Cotton Bowl. Our flight home was on the 2nd and we decided that we would rather save that money than have to pay to get our flight changed, etc.. We watched the first half from the Dallas airport. The second half we were high in the sky. I wouldn't let anyone tell us when we landed who had won. I heard a guy on the plane call his dad when we landed. He said, "Dad, who won the game?" "Really!! That bad!!" As soon as I heard that I was certain that Texas Tech must have come back and really whipped us. We DVR'd the game, so when we got home I got to see the opposite of what I had thought!! It was the best half ever!! I was getting all these text messages from my friends that were there and Rob wouldn't let me read them. I kinda figured out that we must have won..they wouldn't have texted me so much if we had lost!! It was great! The next day I made Rob rewatch the "highlights" of the game. It's a great time to be a REBEL!! HOTTY TODDY!!

this is someone in our neighborhood's Christmas decorations!

1 comment:

*Jill* said...

I just found your blog today! I LOVE the Col Reb santa!! How cute?!?!?! I hope you are doing well.