Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Down Syndrome Buddy Walk

This morning Rob and I walked in the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk. My co-worker Clarissa's niece has down syndrome and we were there as part of her team. I even ran into Glenda Singleton, who was the secretary at WV elementary when I was a student there (a long time ago). Her grandson has down syndrome and was so precious. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him. We had a great time at the walk. I have had several students in the past with down syndrome and they are the sweetest children you will ever meet. It was a beautiful day for such an important cause.
Rob and I after the walk
me and my co-workers Clarissa and Georgia
Clarissa's niece loves to dance and was showing us her moves while a horrible Elvis impersoner sang...
Rob and Lia

2 comments:

the Sandbergs said...

oops.. sorry! don't mean to do that. guess we are good birth control!?!? :) remember, we have 3. having just 1 is not so bad. :)

Ballentine said...

Thanks so much for Lorelai's birthday well wishes! I love reading your blog and can't wait for you to meet Lorelai in person!!!