Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Lloyd's visit

My brother Lloyd is in town this weekend for a wedding (and to see little sis). Lloyd is my free-spirited brother. Just to explain that further I will tell you a little about what he's been up to the past 6 years. After he graduated from Ole Miss in 2002, he worked for a bank for a short time. There he must have realized that sitting behind a desk wasn't his idea of fun. So he decided that he would hike the Appalachian Trail..and I don't mean just a few miles. NO, he hiked the whole thing...all 2,175 miles (I had to look that up). It took him 5 1/2 months. He even missed my graduation from Ole Miss, which I have finally forgiven him since he came to my master's graduation. After he hiked the trail, he moved to Vermont and worked at the Stratton Mountain Ski Resort. His summers were spent doing random things just to make some money. After I think 3 winters in Vermont, he moved to Colorado and worked at Cooper Mountain and most recently Breckenridge. Two summers ago he worked in Alaska at some kind of outdoor camp. This past summer he was a park ranger at Rocky Mountain national park. He LOVED his job and I'm sure he is sad it's over. He heads back to Breckenridge in a few weeks. Here are a few recent pics of Lloyd.
Lloyd (on the left) and friend in Rocky Mountains

Lloyd and his victory pose at the summit of some big mountain...

So back to the present...Lloyd is here this weekend and we all went out to eat last night. My parents came down b/c they had to bring him his "wedding suit". It stays in Water Valley until he goes to weddings, then my parents figure out some way to get it to him. My cousin Lindsay, Joy, and Louis (Joy's husband) also went with us. We ate at Nagoya and had a blast. Our Japanese cook offered to take pictures and he wouldn't stop. My mom even had to tell him that that was enough...and if that happens you know he was taking too many.

the whole gang
We are all laughing b/c he won't stop taking pictures

Rob, me, Linds....This is out of focus, but I thought it was cute!
Lloyd, Joy, Louis

laughing again...well I am

our wonderful cook
Lloyd also went to girls' lunch at Sal and Mookies and got to meet Banks and Amelia.

No comments: