Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Blind Side

Christmas of 2007 when Rob and I were in San Antonio, I picked up the book, "The Blind Side" at one of our trips to Barnes and Noble. On the cover of the book was a football player standing facing away from the camera. I thought that the jersery he had on looked like an Ole Miss jersery so I picked it up to investigate. I clearly know my Ole Miss football because I was right. It was an Ole Miss jersey, and on top of that it was an Ole Miss football player. I immeditately started reading the book in the store and 2 days later (after I bought the book), I was finished. I LOVE reading books that I can relate to somehow, but I not only related to this story because Michael Oher played football at Ole Miss. I also related to this story because I see students in Jackson Public Schools that are just like him...students that grow up in the worse way possibly, get involved in bad things, make horrible grades, and are every teacher's nightmare. I will even go further to say that it isn't always completely their parents fault. So many children get labeled as "stupid" and are put into the, "He will never succeed" category. The worst part of it is that teachers don't even take the time to do their own job and teach them. The poor students fall further and further behind causing them to have behavior problems and get involved with drugs, gangs, etc. This story will melt your heart!! It's definitely a rags to riches story. If you haven't heard of Michael Oher, then come football season, watch the tv on SUNDAY'S. I suggest you buy the book before the movie comes out...b/c the book is full of information that I'm sure couldn't be fit into the movie. Here is the trailer for the movie that is to be released in November. Enjoy.

No comments: