Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our first year!

Well, I was talking to a friend the other day who has a blog and she encouraged me to start one. I thought it would be a great way to keep up with all our comings and goings.

So...here's a little summary of what's been going on this past year.


Rob and I got married on July 14th, 2007 in Water Valley. It was exactly how we wanted it to be. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast. I have to give a plug to our
band b/c they were beyond amazing. The are called DMP from Memphis, TN. They even had my grandmother dancing... This is one of my favorite pics of my dad and me walking down the aisle.






my beautiful bridesmaids



our first dance was to "The way you look tonight" it started out slow and then they got faster...we weren't prepared!!



sweatin' in mid-July




We spent our honeymoon in beautiful St. Lucia. We stayed at the resort Ladera. Our suite only had 3 walls. Where the 4th would have been, was an open view of the Carribean Sea. It was beautiful and breathtaking! The restaurant at our resort served the most finest food I have ever eaten. Our favorite was a chocolate moose inside of a cocoa pod...it was to die for. I celebrated my birthday during our honeymoon and Rob signed me up for a Hot Stone Massage....best I have ever had!

standing in front of the volcano
This was the view from our room!

During Fall of '07, we spent the majority of our time at Ole Miss football games....gotta LOVE my husband for agreeing to buy season tickets. He's an LSU fan, but I believe he enjoys watching the games regardless. We actually are getting to go to an LSU game this year, so I'm glad about that!



Christmas was spent in Water Valley with my family and then in San Antonio with Rob's family through New Years. We never had a dull moment. While in San Antonio, we went to the zoo, a Spurs Game, and to Fredricksburg, TX.....a small German town about an hour from SA (with great shopping). We are certainly blessed that our jobs allow us to have enough time off during the holidays to spend with both sets of parents.
This past June, Rob's parents and brothers were able to join us for a vacation at DisneyWorld. We felt like kids again! Rob had us up every morning and at the parks before they even opened. It was a lot of fun and we ate entirely too much food!! We stayed at the Port Orleans Resort on Disney Property. Despite being the middle of June, it wasn't too hot. It rained on and off and pretty much stayed overcast throughout the week. We were so blessed that Rob's family could join us. We hate that we can't see them as much as we would like...but we sure love our visits to San Antonio.


For our 1st anniversary, we went to Gatlinburg. Again..not a dull moment! There was so much to do. I told Rob that during our next trip, we would have to plan a day where we do nothing but lay by the pool. We were exhausted. One day we hiked in the Smoky Mountains and saw a bear and her three cubs. It's amazing how fast the year has gone. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband. Our first year of marriage was amazing. I look forward to the many many years that we will continue to share together. I love you Rob!!





So, as you can tell..our year has been full of excitement. It was busy, but we enjoyed every bit of it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE IT!!! Your blog looks great! Better than mine...you gave an update...I didn't even give a history of anything...oh well...maybe one day I'll go back in time! Maybe I'll actually try to update mine tonight!

Rob and Bethany said...

It took me forever to get it to look like this...I had to spend lots of time just figuring out everything.